mercredi 14 octobre 2009

STRANGE WORLDS



Dear Audience

Upon a recent visit to London I walked into an art gallery/school located somewhere around Kennington Park. I was happy to discover a couple of new artists (or I assume two students who have recently graduated and were therefore representing their work) who had me interested.


The first that I would like to address is named Alex Fox. Alex Fox took the time to put together a multi-technique documentary on something that, to be quite honest, I didn't know exsisted. There are, as a matter of fact, several abandoned radio towers out there in the atlantic ocean! He managed to visit them, photograph them, film them, draw them, and sculpt them to leave us asking questions. The expo was a pleasure to see because I am someone to be easily amused when I see such things that I couldn't even imagine. You can visit his site to see more on this here.

The second is named Dan McDermott. Perhaps his style of painting is something we see more and more of today however I found it to be light and dark at the same time, and decided it was worth further investigation. In any case the pieces are all visually appealing (which contrairy to many general opinions, I find that to be absolutely necessary in artwork) and they all have a certain feeling of nostalgia around them (if not only because the Factory seems to be a reoccuring vision throughout his work). You can equally find his work here.

Et voilà.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire